plz...

my 6 month old baby has no tears never has, and i was told his tear ducts are obstructed..but i read that signs of blocked tear ducts are watery eye...his eyes never ever get watery even when he is "crying" and screaming..is there something else that can be wrong with his eyes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You were told by whom that his tear ducts were obstructed? A doctor? I don't recall my daughters crying many real tears at that age... I'm pretty sure you would have a goopy eye if the tear ducts were obstructed, but I'm not positive. My daughter's was infected once and it got gunky and swollen.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• yea his ped told me , the area between his eyes is flat and looks a little bruisy but its not...never goopy and never teary..i mean never ever teary at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• that's exactly like my son... although he has started to develop tears when he won't stop crying. my ds is 4.5 m. so far as i've heard, as long as his eyes are glassy and not retracted, he's not dehydrated and that it is pretty normal
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010