Colostrum??

I am about 1 week past ovulation and I just noticed that my breasts are leaking a yellowish colored fluid. I think it's colostrum, it looks just like that did when I was nursing my first child.

Is this a sign of pregnancy or can it happen without being pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it can happen w/o being pregnant. its hormonal. dont worry. if concerned ask your doctor. but if it was a result of being pregnant, i think it would start towards the end of your pregnancy. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You wouldn't get colostrum that early unless it's been less than a year since you weaned your last baby. I had that and it was caused by high prolactin levels which were also causing me to be infertile. I had to take a medication to lower my prolactin so I could get pregnant.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• OP Here- I weaned my son a month and a half ago. He is almost 13 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• " I weaned my son a month and a half ago. He is almost 13 months old. "

That's what's going on then. You can leak up to a year after weaning.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• OP- This is different than what I was leaking before. I had almost stopped leaking completely as of 2 weeks ago, and what was leaking was clear/white. This is from both breasts and is yellow/cream and thick. That's why I'm concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I wouldnt think that you were pregnant I would agree that it's more to do with the fact that you recently weaned your child. I leaked off and on for a year after my son stopped nursing and after a little while what I was leaking was less like breastmilk and more like colostrum.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010