Gay scandal or another one thrown under the bus?

Rep. Eric Massa, D-N.Y., under investigation for alleged sexual harassment of a male staffer, accused House Democratic leaders of lying about the charges against him and using them to run him out of Congress because he voted against health care reform when it last came before the House.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Massa-accuses-Dem-leaders-of-railroading-him-because-he-voted-against-ObamaCare-86840467.html#ixzz0hb8TETLg

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The reports up here on the local news say his cancer's come out of remission.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What does that have to do with the gay scandal?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I had wondered about this. The whole thing seems a little extreme for "salty language." They aren't investigating Rahm and everyone knows he has a filthy mouth.

It is pretty crappy if it is retaliation.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Personally, I would like to know what he said. It is kind of hard to just take their word for it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• He said he was retiring anyway because of the cancer..then things took an ugly turn and he was accused of sexual harrassment. He said, did I use language that was offensive and abusive considering my position, YES I DID ...

so 1) I think its great that he ADMITS the truth instead of trying to pass a lie...2) I think he is PISSED about how it all went down and feels it was a little dirty politics ...could be true, nothing in politics should surprise anyone

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• He said, did I use language that was offensive and abusive considering my position, YES I DID ...

He admitted to using salty language, which can be seen right here on cafemom every day. He denied the sexual allegations.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Of course he is going to deny the sexual accusations, wouldn't you? It is just another gay scandal, nobody thrown under any bus.

Answer by older at 11:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• TG you are not the one who gets control of the gavel.You do not know for a fact anything and it's not new news that sometimes people do get thrown under the bus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• they play hard ball to get what they want and that is both parties.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I really wish this man would of made an uproar about this BEFORE his own ass was on the line.We all know how badly Pelosi,Obama,Reid want this health care bill to pass.You better believe they'd throw anyone under the bus if that is what it would take to get it through.Look at them Americans are saying they want focus on the economy and jobs first.Obama paid a bit of lip service saying he'd focus on economy and then what a week if that later he's trying to cram the massive health care bill fown the countrys throat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010