More threats from North Korea

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588342,00.html?test=latestnews

Who actually thinks they would launch nukes on the U.S.? I think that if they DID, it would be the worst thing they could do for their own country because our troops stationed in other countries would probably take North Korea down pretty quickly. Do you think they have the capability? It sounds like empty threats again to me though.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 10:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NK is just posturing again. Our missile defense system is ready willing and able to take out whatever they lob our way. Besides, SK and Japan would step in because they have a lot at stake.

Now Iran, that is a worry that will have to be addressed. I see a war there before the end of the year. I don't know if it will involve US ground troops, but I do believe it will involve the Navy and Air Force.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It's a tricky situation. Yeah, North Korea is nothing to us, but you have to consider their ties with the Middle East and China...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Good point, anon. I'm hoping it is just empty threats too because I would hate to see the loss of innocent lives because of a stupid decision made by North Korea, both in our country and theirs.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I get the impression that China is instigating this...they give NK a little nudge now and then, while maintaining a "we want good relations" face with us. I truly believe they (China) WANT war with us. North Korea is just their pawn, whether or not Kim Jong Il realizes it (he probably does, but he still likes being able to front).

That's why we blow NK's threats off...if they ever were to carry out their silly threat, we know we would obliterate them, but we'd have China, and probably Iran, left to deal with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Frankly, I'm more worried about Iran that NK.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Umm..... CHina would back the they already do, they have the backing of Russia, Pakistan, United Arabates, Iran, and several others. SO yeah we would try to retaliate but would be smashed.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Certainly not with President Pantywaste at the helm. We are sitting ducks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2010