Can you recommend battery-free/non-electronic toys that children 1 up to 5 yrs old will love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try a Rody. http://www.rodytoy.com/ We just got one for our 2 year old dd and she love it. Very sturdy, good exercise and great for helping them develop balance and coordination.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Duplo Blocks. They are like giant legos and my children love them! That is by far their favorite toys
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• sesame street playhouse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Kids in that age group usually love toys that mimic adult gadgets - tools, play kitchen and food, costumes and dress-up accessories, doctor kit.

Blocks. Toy trains. Fisher Price Little People sets.
    D.Mary

Answer by D.Mary at 10:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My daughter loves her easel and dollhouse.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 11:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We love the Melissa and Doug toy line..Most of them are made of wood and natural materials and they are more traditional learning or imaginative play type toys.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• The shape sorting boxes are a favorite with my grandchildren. Also, the old-fashioned pull toys--we have a train, a little dog, and the Fisher Price chatter phone. The big Lego blocks are great and I have Discover Toys bristle blocks, and they love balls of all shapes and sizes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• puzzles, legos, blocks, lincoln logs, books, bubbles, crayons, paints, stickers, kitchen toys - pots, pans, cups, plates, fake food, etc., cars, dinosaurs, baby dolls, strollers, etc.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My two year old got a toy train set for his birthday. It could easily be used for that entire age range. All the pieces are wooden and sturdy.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• they have these little wooden people that are alot like little people, but they're made of wood. They even have some of the sesame street characters of them. My family really likes them. Or the little people stuff is good but some have batteries, you really have to watch what you buy. But the wooden people are usually in the little people isle, but a little away from the little people. but ours are always in the same isle. good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2010