potty training question

My daughter has been potty training for a little while now. We got her used to sitting, pulling down her diaper and putting her on at regular times. Then once she was going regularly (she hadn't had a bm in a diaper in about 2 weeks), we went ahead and put her in underwear. For a week or so we kept taking her a regular times and she had almost no accidents, but she wasn't asking to go unless we suggested it or unless she needed to poop. So then we decided it was time to let her have some pee accidents so she could realize she needs to tell us. The first day she had 7 accidents! Two days later we had it down to about one accident a day, usually when there was a lot of stuff going on, but we were pretty happy because she was initiating it. Well, the past couple of days she's started pooping her pants! Why? She has told us when she needs to poop for a month now! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter went through that too. it was just a phase. it's frustrating but it sounds like you are doing a good job. just keep working with her and she will have it down in no time!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Flowermom, are you suggesting I put her back in diapers just because she's having some poop accidents, even though she knows how to go in the potty and even tells me most of the time? It seems like that would indeed make it "take longer"... Yeah, I think I'm of a different opinion... I'd rather clean up some messes and help her learn... I do appreciate the advice, I just don't think that's my style.

Jennifer, how long did that phase last for you? Did you do or say anything specific to deal with the poop accidents? Thanks.
    Anonymous