Looking for women who live internationally

Hello,

Hubby and I are thinking about moving over seas in about 5-7 years, but I want to research now. Moving overseas is a big move vs just moving to another state. I am thinking Spain or Italy. Anyone? Advice?

WilliamsMama08

Asked by WilliamsMama08 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Travel

• Well my Hubby and I live in Aruba with our 2 girls and it's pretty normal here. Our family has never lived in the US, we moved from Australia bout 4 yrs. ago so I could'nt really tell you the differences I've experienced. But I know that Europe is very expensive but beautiful! We've been a few times with the kids and Ithink it's great and exciting to visit but I don't know if I would live there. You should research it more (of course) and I hope you have luck!!!
    alishak

Answer by alishak at 6:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Thanks. Hubby said something about Australia too, but I don't know if I want to live on an island hehe
    WilliamsMama08

Answer by WilliamsMama08 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I've made 4 international moves in my lifetime.  What do you want to know?  PM me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sorry I mis-calculated.  I made 3 international moves between England and Canada.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I liveds in Germany for 6 years. Does that count?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Yes it counts lol. I guess I'm just wanting to know how different areas . If you have lived overseas, where and are there "good" and "bad" neighborhoods (for example, I live in Phoenix, and there are horrible spots and great spots). We are pretty much going to be moving over "blind", with only web research.
    WilliamsMama08

Answer by WilliamsMama08 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

•  We are pretty much going to be moving over "blind", with only web research.  Been there, done that lol.

Only locals can give you that information.  My best advice is to choose a realtor carefully.  A good one will give you all the information that you need.   We had a good realtor when we moved here to Ontario.   We couldn't decide between two houses and she was pushing us to buy the cheaper one because it was in a better neighbourhood.  We ended up buying the cheaper one and are so glad we did.  Now that we know the town a lot better, we know we made the right decision (with her help).  We've been in this house now for 10 years and love it here.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2010