What is wrong with this picture?

Mom A - 33 years old had a child a 15 and will become a grandma at 33
Mom B- Have 5 kids and is only 25
Mom C- had a baby at 14 and her daughter had a baby at 15
Mom D- has 5 kids with 4 differents daddies and now is 48 and never been married. 2 of her daughter has a baby before 15.

what is wrong this country? Lack of moral?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is it really your place to judge? IMO you should focus on you and your family, and not worry about how others live..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I GUESS NONE OF THEM HEARD OF BIRTH CONTROL....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree with the first poster!

Answer by older at 11:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What's wrong with this picture? Mom E has nothing to do with moms A, B, C, and D's life, yet feels the need to bash them, not only online but anonymously online at that. Lets give her a hand, ladies! Bravo for living in glass houses.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I guess you've never heard of not pointing fingers. Yes i'm 25, yes I have 4 kids, yes i'm married, yes i'm in school, no i am not on PA nor do I knock those who are. I dont know you and you dont know me so I have no idea why what I do is any business of yours. How do my actions affect you?

Focus on you and your family. And if you must ask whats wrong with this country i'll let you in on a little secret....

Come here... you reading?

14 and 15 year old girls getting pregnant is nothing new. That USED to be the norm! Getting married at 28 and haveing a child then was highly frowned upon. Where were the morals then?.... Go back and ask them.

Enjoy your monday
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My mother had me at the age of 15..I had my first child when I was 23 and married..so not all scenarios are the same.
    It is about the environment a person grows up in, what they are taught,how well they are taught and what kind of friends they are allowed to have.
    My mothers moral was good...her parents were just a little too lienient and never talked to her about sex,she really had no idea what she was doing. But I'm here and I was raised well, and well loved.
    I really think it also has to do with the environment a person in brought up in..sometimes parents can only do so much in raising and teaching thier children then they turn into teenagers and you can only hope what you've taught them has really sunk in and they are able to use thier best judgement in different situations because they will meet all kinds of people from different types of backrounds and home life styles.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree. Sure, that doesn't make for the best home environment by the general standard, but who are we to sit here and say, "Those people have issue!"

Also, like a PP said, having a first child at 25-30 would have been incredibly weird in the past. Women were called old maids if they weren't married by the time they were 24.

Education has changed things in our society, but there is no need to unnecessarily bash women who don't go the now standard route. What is the benefit in this post anyway?
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Why are you judging? Stop worying about others peoples lives and start caring about your own. Shit happens, it's not like they all want to get pregnant, most pregnancies are unplanned. There may have been a lack in the sex talk and BC but who cares. It's their lives not yours.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Did you know back when this was normal? Girls had babies very young and married very young. It's only in recent decades that's its became a "bad" to have babies so young. Yet you sit ther eand bash women for having mutiple daddies but I bet you dont bash daddies with multiple baby mommies. That's whats worng with some people they think it's wrong for women to have moe then one baby daddy and sleep around but I guess it A Okay for men right?
    Anonymous