I am at the end of my rope. Please HELP!

My DD is 2yo. I watch 2 other kids, one of whom is a few months younger than my DD. My DD is incredibly aggressive! She bites, hits, and screams MINE! at the top her lungs if he even comes near her and she has a toy. I have tried distracting both of them with separate toys. If he does manage to get a toy she is playing with, she will hit or bit. I have tried talking to her, time outs, spankings, and I have even bit her back. That worked for a couple days but then she was back to the biting! I have explained what sharing is and how to share. I don't know what to do anymore! I can't afford to lose my job but I'm afraid that I will if this continues! I spend as much time with her and cuddling with her as I can during the day when I have the other children, and I certainly make up for any lost hugs and kisses after the other kids are gone. What do I do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I watched a supernanny where she made up a time out circle. It was basically a large laminated circle with an X in the middle that you can take with you any where and put anywhere and that is where the time out will be. 2 minutes for two years old, every time she leaves the spot, you restart the timer and put her back there. It may take a while but she will eventually understand. When the 2 minutes is finally up make sure she is looking at you and tell her why she had to take a time out, "I love you", and give her a hug and let her go play. Repeat any time she does something wrong and you will find in a week or two if you follow through she will be like a whole new child. It is also hard on kids if there parents argue, so if you have a disagreement do it out of her ear shot. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
    IvoryRaven09

Answer by IvoryRaven09 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree. Supernanny works. I dont even have to do time outs anymore (been over a month). She also says one warning, then time out. Thats what I do, and like I said, no more time outs necessary.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2010