is it normal to take this long??

ill be 20 weeks tomorrow and today i was trying to wake the baby up by jiggling my belly a little and i didnt feel him move.. then after a couple of seconds he kicked and saw him kick and my mom felt him kick.. what my question is, is it normal that the baby didnt respond to me moving the my belly as fast? does yours or did your do that also??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A lot of women don't even feel their babies move yet at 20 weeks. Your baby was probably moving and you just didn't feel it. Relax. Your baby's movements will get a lot more noticeable in 5 more weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Its normal. Even when baby is out of the womb.. your on his time lol. He'll do what he pleases when he pleases. Dont worry to much.

Good luck mommY!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i don't always feel my son move when i jiggle my belly, and i'm 24 weeks pregnant. maybe he just made a face like "what the?" and then moved. or maybe he kicked into the placenta so you didn't feel it. i wouldn't worry :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Totally normal. I try this all the time and even at 28 weeks he sometimes needs a minute to wake up and realize that something is jossling him. You have to remember that the amniotic fluid takes A LOT of impact, so your baby probably didn't feel it as strongly as you would think. What might have seemed like a rude wake up call for you was probably actually a gentle rocking motion for him/her...so it may have taken a minute for baby to realize that something was even going on!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Totally normal. Remember he's floating around in all that fluid so those movements may even be kind of relaxing to him, like being rocked. He was probably just sleeping. You can always do kick counts if you're concerned :)
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• When you're further along, you'll learn the baby is more active at night than it is during the day. And, no, you can't make him move when you want him to.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010