So your mad at those who collect PA and it's your money, well what about fostercare payments and the families that do it for the money and treat the kids like crap, isn't that your money as well?

Doesn't it piss you off that foster care payments are more then welfare payments and over half the foster care kids out that aren't treated very well. Why isn't their ever an argument over that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nothing like stirring up some $h1# huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You forgot free and reduced price meals at school and free meals for inmates, while you're stirring the shiiit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes this makes me sad.. I just saw a update on those little boys that were being starved by their Foster parents, They are doing well now, but i know this kind of things goes on alot. That being said I did not agree with PA until my cuzzin got pregnant with a baby from a no good man that refused to work and is in jail at the moment. She busts her ass working and taking care of her son if it wasn't for PA she would be worse off. As it is she can't pay for childcare, and has to leave her baby all week with her mother in law. So she can work 3 towns away and finish school... Then she plans on getting a job near her mother in law so she can help with the baby

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• All this stuff about it being "my money" and paying for other people to be on PA got me thinking about how arrogant it is to sit around and say all your tax money goes to PA....well it goes to foster care payments it goes to line the pockets of the government staff, congress, all sorts of people get "your" tax money.
    You know what else? most people on PA do pay taxes......When I was a single mom my food stamps were $200 a month, the same amount of taxes being taken out of my checks......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm not the first one to stir things up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My husband and I have only one child, because we can't afford more, after I got pregnant my husband became disabled, and because of the lost income. We made alot of changes, only 1 car (no payment ) no vacations , and generic products, etc. We still had to move to a different state to be abale to afford rent on his SSI - as for my job when we moved I lost it. Since then we have signed up for heath insurance and food stamps from PA. They help but its no picnic, My son is 6 now and I was hoping to find work - but we live in a little town with a walmart and a mcdonalds and not much more. We made do and are as happy as you can be given the situation
    shirleylyn

Answer by shirleylyn at 11:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes it is a shame... if you dont want babies abort them... or actually use protection to NOT have them. remember 99% effective if you actually use it right.

Hey, i say the same solution for people collecting pa too!
    Anonymous

• As a foster parent I can tell you that what I receive doesn't even come close to what it costs to do foster care. out of the money I am given I am expected to pay for babysitting, preschool, food, clothes, transportation to & from visitation (of which parents may & may not show up), counseling appointments, dr's appointments. In the first month alone you are required to take the child within 5 days for a pre exam (they're looking for bruises, broken bones, etc), then they must go in for a physical, see an eye dr, hearing & dentist. So in just one month you go to a minimum of 5 appointments. This is not including getting them in thier new school, conferences, etc. Yes these children have medical cards but they do not cover the gas or time involved. Our electric bill jumps by at least 25% as they want lights left on all night, longer showers, etc.

I'd also love to know where you got your 50%. I'd say it's rare & not common.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• They can't attack any thing that makes sense like, prisoners being housed for ever, or money on construction that is not needed. They need a life. I agree I think it's horrible.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• But what do I know I'm a sham on PA
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2010