I sweat Texas thinks it is it's own country

We have been here for a little while and it still amazes me that when the kids say the pleadge in the mornings that they also have to do the Texas pleadge! Are you freaking kidding me??/ That is so freakin stupid. How many other moms have kids in different stated that say the pleadge to their own state??? Like I said what does Texas think it is a country now!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oops swear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• lol that's pride.. I love King of The Hill it reminds me of that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm guessing you're not too versed on Texas history?
    Anonymous

• I knew you meant "swear". :-)
    But I guess for a while they were talking about Texas seceding...LOL> It is the right of states to leave the "union", secede,if they want to. They are big enough to be a country. Whatever. They do seem a bit arrogant. Good luck !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• YES we are our own country! We're TEXANS dammit! From the moment they start schooling we will "learn" them how to BOW DOWN to TEXAS! You pledge to TEXAS. To our COWS, our COWBOYS and to our ... um.. COWS!!!!! <~~~ AH HAHAHAHA

No but really... I dont get it lol. I have no idea what they do in other states but this is a bit ridiculous to me lol.

4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What do you mean by "now?" I was in kindergarten in 1980 and we said the US and TX pledge back then. What is wrong with having national AND state pride? In vacation Bible school we say a pledge to the US, TX, and Christian flags. I'm not sure what your issue is. It's far better to have state and national pride than no pride at all.

And, no, we Texans do not think our state is its own country. That's just silly. We are Texans and Americans.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Well explain Texas history then!! I do think it stupid !! There is such a thing as pride but there is also overboard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Personally I wish our schools would at least say the Pledge of Alligence. You're lucky in that they say both. Yes Texan's are proud and I wish other States were just as proud. How many of you know your State pledge?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Texas, because it was a Republic before joining the Union, has always reserved the right to secede at any time it wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Texas has been wanting to secede for a long while. We moved from there 10 years ago and before we moved there were people pushing for that and they still are (we went back to visit last year).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2010