Can weight loss cause you to skip a period?

I've lost 43 lb s since Jan 1st, I got my period just fine in Jan but never got my period in feb, it should have been around the 14-15ish. Still getting neg on hpt's so i'm just wondering if the weight loss could have messed it up? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• rapid weightloss can have a very negative affect on your reproductive system
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes. It can!!! You must have the proper caloric intake or your system will be really messed up. Food is fuel for your body, without the proper fuel honey-that car will not run! If you want to stay thin, eat healthy. Carbs in the morning in the form of Oatmeal-salads & fruit-lean meats,vegi's and lots of water.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Well I've been doing a doctor followed HCG diet for 6 weeks and I've been following a southbeach diet type plan since then, I've got a lot to loose, but I've been eating lots of lean proteins fruits and veggies, I'm not starving myself by any means, lol. I made a dr appt for this afternoon, so that's good to know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I recently read the amount of your weight loss-that much in 2 months is not healthy. Anything more then 2-3 lbs. a week is too much. Yes-I know what I am talking about-I worked in a gym for years and my best friend is a personal trainer.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2010