How old your child when you put them in the tub without a seat?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I must live in a different world entirely.. Our son was in a tub seat until about 18 months or so. It spun around so he could move freely in the tub but couldn't try climbing out particularly if we turned to get something off the vanity. Admittely, our son is particularly active and fast...
    Anonymous

• He was like 8 or 9 months - we never used a seat in the tub. We used his baby tub and then I got a foam/pellet small soft sided "tub" that fits inside of the big tub for a few months. He likes the freedom of the big tub.

Answer by missanc at 11:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• as soon as she could sit up by herself
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Somewhere between 7-8 mos. When she outgrew her baby seat and could sit up in it.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• about 7 months. when he could sit up and catch himself when he started ti tip forward
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• She was about 8-9 months. I have a little (tiny) blow up pool that fits perfectly in the tub and I fill it up and let her sit in that. I feel safer because its not as slippery and she really loves it. Shes almost 13 months and when I say its bath time,she walks in the bathroom, picks it up and puts in inside the bathtub, lol...shes so cute.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I always sat in the tub with my baby until they could sit up by themselves. what is a seat?
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• around 6 or 7 months. Once they could sit up on their own and then I only put an inch or two of water in the tub.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My son was 6 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I never used a tub seat. As soon as she could sit up, I put her baby bath tub in the big tub. We did that for a couple of months, then I just transitioned her to the bath tub.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010