Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you patch up this hole on a pair of jeans? (I've tried sewing it but it did not last for long)

My dd has a pair of jeans that are still in good shape only that on one knee has a hole (you know like how the celebrities wear them).

What do you suggest?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I agree with everyone. I would buy an iron on patch (you can get them just about everywhere, even in the sewing section at walmart) and apply it to the inside of the jeans. They make them in different colors. Then if you wanted to sew a cute fabric patch on the outside you could or you could just leave it as is if you like the frayed look. Just sewing the hole shut wont work.

    Answer by nicoled02 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

  • You have two options: either buy an iron on patch or cut a patch from old jeans (or other contrasting material) and stitch on.

    Answer by Ewadun at 12:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

  • A patch.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

  • Yes, it'll have to be a patch. You can't just sew the hole shut because the material is already ruined right there. We have the same issue with my dd. We're just making that pair into cut off shorts, and bought another pair of cheapy jeans to get her through the coldish weather.

    Answer by Pnukey at 1:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010