Tired of our clothes fading after only a few washes...

What do you ladies use so that your clothes dont fade? It's mainly with my daughters bright pretty clothes. After just a few washes it looks like we've had them for years.
So, what do you use or do so that your clothes do not fade???

Kam06

Asked by Kam06 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use Liquid Tide and vinegar. My clothes rarely fade.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Hmm...I wash all of my daughters clothes in dreft in cold water. I use gain apple mango tango for mine and my boyfriends clothes in cold water, except whites and I have noticed that some things fade faster than others...maybe its just the material or dyes the makers use that cause some things to fade quicker than others.
    BryanasMommy

Answer by BryanasMommy at 12:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• before i wash my clothes the first time (for max color benefits) i soak them in vinegar water for about 2 hours. after that i stick it in the wash. reds won't bleed and blacks won't fade.... for a very long time. another thing my mom used to do is when something was a solid color, she would pick up a dye and send it through the wash... it actually worked, most of the time... :). either way, vinegar has always worked. my mom has 5 kids and we all did sports with red jerseys. we used vinegar a lot to keep our other clothes protected. i hope this works for you too
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I wash all our brights/darks on cold to prevent fading and I dry everything on low or let it airdry.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2010