dialated already

Okay. I'm about 35 weeks and dialated 1 cm. My estimated due date by ultrasound is may 2nd which would put me at 31 weeks in my docs book. Regaurdless of my due date..... i'm still 1 cm dialated. How much longer do you think I have until I give birth????? My bet is a little over 3 weeks(April 14th) What do you think.????? Please help me figure this out!!!!!!!!!

a.mitchell09

Asked by a.mitchell09 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 3 cm at 36 weeks
    I was still 3 at 42 weeks when I was induced
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• my GUESS is 7 more weeks =) good luck
    Anonymous

• I was 5 cm for 4 weeks
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You can be dilated at 1 or 2 or more for WEEKS and not go into labor. There's really no way to tell. Some people walk around at 3 for weeks (especially if it's not their first baby) and others go from not dialating at all to pushing out a baby in a matter of hours. Good luck. I wouldnt worry about it at this point unless you start feeling like you're going into preterm labor.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i really wish the dr's wouldn't do so much checking, it really doesn't mean anything, it just gives you stuff to worry about. mentally, prepare for your baby to come on time. you don't want an early baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• There is no way to tell, you can walk around a couple of cm dilated for many many weeks before labor but you can also go from 0 to 10 cm in a couple of hours. Being x cm dilated is not an indication of anything, its basically useless information.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010