Which side of the Family does more for your Child???

Which side of the Family does more for your Child/Children??? As far as Babysitting, support for Christmas & Birthday Parties...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• My side did, but it just made sense since they lived much closer.

Answer by Bmat at 12:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My side. They even care more for my husband than his own family though so it's no surprise...
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My side. My in-laws are divorced, don't live near us, and are generally not very involved.
    Anonymous

• My side, definitely. We really are not close to the ILs. They don't live far away but only see the kids every three or four months.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My side. We don't really get along with the inlaws.
    Anonymous

• me and my family and boyfriend.... my sons real father has not been in the pic since day 1 same as my son fathers family ..so its just me and my family
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Same as everyone else.

I hope this is not a sign of what it will be like when my son has children.
    Anonymous

• When we had small kids,we lived far away....being an Air Force family. I don't think I would have asked for help or anything from either side of the family and I would not be keeping track.
    Anonymous

• My fiance's side of the family does more for my son, and they aren't even blood family. My fiance is my son's step-dad, and his mom lives in Florida and doesn't even know my son. She always sends him christmas, easter, valentines, etc..cards with gift cards in them, telling him he loves them. It is discouraging that my own family can't even take one day out of the year (his birthday) to see him, but step-relatives who don't know him will. Their loss, my son is amazing and deserves the best. I have wonderful In-laws:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• His side does more financially. My side does more physically.
    If we can't afford a part for our car and someone to fix it, his brother will pay for the part and repair it himself. Should we need gas money in the middle of the month, his aunt comes in and neither ever ask for money back.
    If my oldest needs a ride to school, my mom will take him. If I need a babysitter, my older brother will do it. Free of charge.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2010