i cant stop the craving for ice!!

I have the worst craving for ice! But not just freezer cube ice.. Sonic ice! you know, the tiny round ice... Oh i love it! is this normal to crave ice during pregnancy?

Fyi im 28 weeks today!

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 12:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You might be lacking in Iron or some nutrient. That is sometimes a sign. Sometimes it's nothing. I would ask my doc if I were you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I craved ice all through my pregnancy like crazy. I was always walking around with a cup of ice or a snowball. The hospital I delivered at actually had the ice chips just like sonic which was a heaven sent because I was in there 4 days until I actually had her.lol
    BryanasMommy

Answer by BryanasMommy at 12:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It's normal, I craved it too with my last pregnancy, not with the first two though. My iron count was good so I don't know why I craved it and my doctor wasn't concerned. I loved the hospital's ice too. A week or 2 after my baby was born I didn't want ice anymore.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I did too!! Every morning on my way to work I would buy a large cup of ice. I HAD to have it! They had perfect small ice cubes. I don't know why, it was just so great!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• craving ice is often connected w/ being low in iron
    Anonymous

• i have always heard it was an iron issue as well.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I too crave Ice. Everything so far looks good. My fiance said that he read it some where that if you crave ice it's either a sign of lacking nutrients or sexual frustrations. I don't know what it is but I'm eating a 20 pound bag of ice a week. My doctor just laughs at me and tells me that it's normal. To give it more nutrients, I will sometimes freeze juice instead of water. That's a nice little treat at like 2 in the morning.
    momof386

Answer by momof386 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2010