When did you stop taking a bath with your child?

Dd is almost 2.5 and I still take baths with her. I've tried a couple times to just sit by the tub (she was like 18mos) and she kept putting her face in the water. I don't really mind sitting in there with her but lately she keeps grabbing my nipples!! I'm getting really grossed out and can't help it! I know
she's prob curious but it's something I can't handle! I never was able to bf for the same reason but I don't want to just leave her in the tub! I am at a loss of what to do!!!! I've tried telling her no, redirection, I don't spank my child... What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you are feeling uncomfortable with your child's curiosity than I would stop bathing with her. I just sit next to the tub with DD (although I probably would bathe with her if I wasn't pregnant, we both like very warm baths). She still does shower with me from time to time. She's three. She was curious about my nipples. I told her what they were and told her not to pinch them. I don't think I've ever had a problem with her continuing to touch them.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 3:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I never bathed with my DS on a regular basis, he occasionally took showers with me up till about 3 1/2
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I never saw the need to take a bath with my kid but I don't understand why you cant sit next to the tub? If she puts her face in the water, pick her up. DS is pretty good in the bath, but if he keeps on doing something I've asked him not to (mainly he likes to pour water out of the tub) I just take him out-- even if I didnt get a chance to actually bathe him-- I just take him out. (Doesnt happen often so it's not like he goes days without a bath)
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My son will be 3 in May. I stopped allowing him to shower with me about 6 months ago. He still showers with daddy tho... a few times a week. It is easy for us.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I would say its time to stop bathing with her if you can.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I never bathed with my kids. For one the tub isn't big enough for me and a kid and, two, I was never comfortable with it. Also, if I'm in the tub I want the water super hot. I can't stand lukewarm baths or showers.
    If she puts her face in the water wait and see how long it takes her to pull out. She'll figure out a mouthful/noseful of water isn't fun. If she doesn't get it the just keep pulling her head out of the water and tell her no. If she won't stop end the bath.
    I never had that problem with my kids. They learned as babies not to breathe in water.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2010