Does anyone know of anyone willing to baptize my daughters Catholic and bless them Baptist in one ceremony?

I would need proper paperwork for the Catholics.

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 12:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As far as I know the Catholic church will not do that.
    Anonymous

• Only a priest can baptize them into the Catholic Church & as per the rules of the Church they are considered only Catholic after that.
    Anonymous

• Well, its more to just save face with the family and honor both my husband (Baptist) and my (Catholic) beliefs. We would like to raise the girls with both religions. BUT, they have to be baptized Catholic in order to attend CCD (Sunday school). I was just trying to incorporate the blessing of the child that the Baptists do, too, so that my husband would feel less outcasted at a ceremony.
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 12:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• no this won't happen. when u baptise a child Catholic you stand up there and promise that you wil raise that child catholic and say that it is the one true church. I imagine(don't know for sure) that the Baptist blessing would have similer promises to it. You either have to pick one or not have either ceremony. It would be disrespectful to both faiths to make those promises when you don't mean them.
    Anonymous

• Hmmmm. Can't have everyone happy, I suppose. We plan to attend Catholic church on Saturday's and Baptist service on Sunday's. I guess the route we'll have to go is have them baptized Catholic - because that's what Catholic's believe and let them choose later on in life when they "find God" and if they choose to be Baptists - be Baptist and be blessed then?
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 2:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Baptists don't have to be 'blessed'. They believe in full submersion baptism - but only after they have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. And it is not true that a child must be cristoned in order to attend CCD. I was never cristoned as an infant and was still in CCD as a child, until around 9 years old chose not to go back becasue it didn't coincide with my inner beliefs. The nuns did NOT like the questions I was asking. But to answer your question... it is not possible within the Catholic church to be cristoned and baptize in the Baptist church. And the Baptist church won't baptize a child unless it is THEIR decision to make a public profession of faith.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Oh. Our church is requiring the girls to be baptized to attend CCD.
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 2:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• this is how i see it... you shouldn't have to be baptized into any church to attend. BAPTISM is a personal choice into GOD, not into a "religion". Personally... if you can't decide between those two churches, you need to sit down and figure out what you believe. You can't have both or all. You are either Catholic or Baptist or something else. The beliefs of the two are very different and all you will do is confuse your kids. No one should have to go through a class and be proclaimed "ready" to be baptized or be a member of a church. You relationship with God is very personal and yours alone... no one can tell you when you are ready, etc. I think you should take a look at what you are doing, because all I can see is indecisiveness, and you can't be on the fence with God. :) Not trying to bash.. just saying.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No, I really don't.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• any church that forces someone to be baptized in order to attend something is so wrong.... cultic and legalist!

Baptism in the bible was never forced, everyone had a choice.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2010