For ladies going through a divorce: What can I do for her?

I just found out one of my friends may be going through a divorce soon. I don't think she wants her relationship to end, but her husband is done.

We live in different states, but we keep in touch...what can I do to support or be there for her? What do I say?

Any advice is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her you are sorry she is going through this and you are there if she needs to talk or vent. If you are close you could also offer to let her come visit you for a few days or you could go to her. WHen I was going through a divorce I didn't need someone to tell me what to do or fix my problems, but I did need a friend to listen. My friend also invited me to come visit for a few days, and I really did appreciate the break.
    Anonymous

• Just listen to what she is venting about.

Answer by louise2 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Just be there for her there is not much you can do it is over for her marriage unless things change. She will be fine only time will heal the pain....God Bless Her.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Let her vent. and maybe suggest a girls weekend away. - I know it helped alot to just have "my girls" around and not feel like a 3rd wheel at thier homes with thier men.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Having a friend to confide in is vital during this time. That's about all you can do

Answer by admckenzie at 3:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• A girls weekend would be awesome if you can both do it! I NEED a vacation right now, my friends and I are working on that:) But most important is to be there for her to talk to, you may hear a lot of the same things over and over, and have to remind her of the same things over and over, but it will mean the world to her.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010