When did your bottlefed baby start to sleep 8 hours strait?

I am exausted. I know this is normal because my daughter is 2 months old.My baby girl wakes up a few times a night but will not go back to sleep. She wants to stare and coo and smile. This is wonderful and I love her with all my heart but I am curious to know the average age bottlefed babies start to sleep longer at night. I am not breastfeeding as my daughter had a latching problem.

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Definitely over 6 months old. Closer to a year old, my kids started sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night.

Answer by louise2 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• not till almost a year
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• 3 months and knock on wood, at 10 months sleeps from 9pm - almost 7am!! Don't fret Momma, it will change!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I nursed for the first month. The next month I was trying to get a handle on his schedule so I could better judge bottle cry from other cries. The next month, we had it down, and he slept all night. So, 3 months old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It would be harder to do bottlefeeding but I noticed a huge difference between my first child and my other 2. The main difference with what I did is I kept it as dark as possible, I put a low watt bulb in the lamp next to my bed. I only turn it on when I need to, so in the beginning when I needed to see what I was doing I would turn it on to get him latched on, then turn it off again. Now I don't need to turn it on at all. If I need to change his diaper I turn the light on, change him, then wrap him up and turn it back off. So there isn't really any opportunity for smiling and cooing. But I don't know how hard that would be bottlefeeding to make a bottle in the dark. It's what worked for me though. My baby is 6 weeks now, he isn't sleeping through the night, but he goes right back to sleep after he eats and I don't get out of bed, which makes a huge difference in how I feel compared with my first, who was like you described.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Every baby is different. My son started sleeping 8-12 hours at 7 weeks. I'm hoping it's the same with this next one.
    Anonymous

• Both my kids started sleeping through the night when they were about 12lbs...that was 3 months for my dd and 2 months and some change for my son.
    Anonymous

• Thank you! :)
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You're living proof, at least, that feeding method matters not at all with sleeping! It's developmental. Some will do it early, many more will do it much later. Five hours is considered sleeping through the night.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My youngest was off the bottle around 16-17 months but didn't sleep 8 hours straight (or more) til around 2.5 years.
    Anonymous