Do you take showers with your (big girl) dd?

I take real quick showers with my 6 yrs. old dd especially when we are getting out of the pool or if we need to take showers I tell her to come on in with me but I leave my bra and panties on after I bathe her I wrap her up in a towel and dry her up alittle and have her go put her clothes on that are laying on the bed for her then I give myself a better shower, I sometimes want to take everything off bc I know she is curious I mean we talk while in the shower but I know she has tons of questions. What to do?

I remembef when I was little I heard my aunt tell us that she would bathe with her kids and that one of them asked what that puff was she said it was a spider...lol

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't see anything wrong with taking a shower with a 6 year old. I just don't do it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No. I talk very openly with my 8 year old, but I also believe in privacy. She comes in my room while I'm changing clothes, so it's not like she's never seen me naked, but I don't shower with her and haven't since she was very little.

Answer by missanc at 1:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• When children ask what certain body parts are, you should just tell them what they are. The real name for it.  Showering with your DD to me is not big deal. I never did it.

Answer by louise2 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't shower with y 6 year old, but I change in front of her. She's never seen you naked? She doesn't know what pubic hair is? Why? Answer her questions!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I change in front of my kids and answer their questions, but I don't think people should shower with their children.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 1:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• OP here thanks ladies for you answers but what I mean about showering with your big girl is real quick showers like in and out now If I am going to take a long shower then I go in by myself I was talking about when you are in a hurry bc you just want to buy some time you know knock two birds with one stone....we don't do this often just once in awhile I don't see nothing wrong with it and yes I do answer her questions.

Anonymous

• it is not something i would do. if i was in that big of a hurry the shower could wait....and if my child REALLY needed one, i would give them one and I would wait to take mine after we did whatever was pressing that put us in a rush.

however, if i was going to shower with my older child, i would not do it with panies and bra on. i think that sounds REALLY bizarre and I would think my child would think that was wierd. if they can see you when you change clothes naked and you are okay with quick showers together, then why are you covering yourself up...that to me sounds like you dont really feel comfortable showering with her even for the quick ones. it defeats the purpose of killing two birds with one stone (being quick) if you have to finish showering after you wash her....

also, i am not sure what you really want to know here. if she has questions answer them...take every opportunity to talk about these sorts of things
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2010