Baby not moving as much - should I be worried?

Okay, first of all... I have already called my OBGYN and spoke to their Triage nurse (she takes all of the calls) and she said that if I feel at least 10 movements in 10 hours not to worry. But this is the case and what makes me feel like maybe I should just go to the doctor and ask to have the baby looked at or something.
I am 37 weeks pregnant and having a boy. He has been super active every single day and especially at dinner. Last night he didn't do his usual circus attraction show (lol, he gets ACTIVE) when we ate... he didn't move at all actually. Then today I have felt him shift a little but not his regular flips and such either.
I could see that maybe he is running out of space if it had gradually slowed down, but this happened from one day being active and the next not hardly moving.
Should I go to the doctor and make them check him? Or just not worry because he IS moving some like the nurse said?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you're worried, I would go! I remember when I was 35 weeks with my son I couldn't feel him moving after drinking Pepsi, orange juice, ice water, and chocolate, and that was within an hour! I went straight to my doctor and they put me on a fetal stress monitor. He was fine, thankfully, but I was scared and if I hadn't gotten it checked out I would have stressed both me and the baby out just thinking about it!

YOu're 37 weeks. You don't need to be all stressed and worried! Just go in! I'm sure everything is fine, but just for your peace of mind, get it checked out!

Good luck to you!!
    Anonymous

• If he is moving and you're still getting a good number for you kick counts then I wouldnt worry. It should be 10 movements (kicks, rolls, etc...) in 2 hours. If you dont get that then wait a few hours and try again. If you're still not getting 10 movement in 2 hours you should call your dr. Here's a good link about it
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/kickcounts.htm
    They do tend to be less active those last couple of weeks, but if it's a sudden drop in activity it wouldnt hurt to get checked out.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2010