Can anyone give me some information on Job shadowing. Was thinking about doing this?

Has anyone ever done it? How would I go about getting info. I have 3 areas/jobs I am interested in shadowing. I want to go observe someone on the job to get an idea which job would be a good fit for me. It is so hard to get a job now. I was thinking about volenteering too, in hopes that this might open up an opportunity for me. I am so sick of not working and have reached the desperate time!!!

litninbug

Asked by litninbug at 1:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would say call and ask if you can volunteer!! its agreat way to get "experience" and be able to put that on your resume!!! I dont know if youll have luck if you call it shadowing. Just call and ask management if there is anyway you can get in to volunteer, your looking to expand your career outlook and would like to learn the ropes in a field that interests you!!! Depending on what it is you might have a hard time because of privacy laws!!! GL!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I would start with informational interviews. Also, you should research job opportunities in your area.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I've never heard of job shadowing before! It can also help to ask people you know if they know someone in fields you're interested in that you can talk to and pick their brain. I really wanted to get into nursing and I just ask a lot of people a lot of questions. I'm thinking of starting going back to school next year so that when my kids are school age I can go back to work.
    NewMom2RAD

Answer by NewMom2RAD at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010