how do you control cravings/ binges?

i never get full i dont know what my problem is, i could eat a ft long sub and then another! how do you control that? i drink planty of water and am hydrated, i just do not want this to keep spiraling out of control!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Health

• First clean out all the bad foods out of the kitchen. Buy whole grain foods. Eat health foods. You can eat fruit and vegetables all you want, with out gaining a lot of weight.  There are whole grain snacks that  taiste good.

Answer by louise2 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Try the Fiber one bars. They really helped me fill up. all the fiber that is in it helps. When you feel hungry drink a big glass of water too. That also helps. I know you say you drink enough but just an idea to do.
    Anonymous

• I indulge myself with something nutritious or calorie-free, like a sugar-free soda, dark chocolate or a piece of fruit.

In your case, it could be something more serious. There is actually a disorder of the brain that makes you feel like you're always hungry. Or maybe your metabolism is acting up. If you're worried, see a doctor.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the first poster. also, it takes 15 minutes for the brain to register that it is full...so be sure to take your time and chew your food very well!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I binge but instead of on chips and other junk I now binge on steamed carrots or package precooked crab meat. Both are sweet and I can eat all I want without guilt. Just change what you binge on

Answer by admckenzie at 3:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i started taking a protein shake and now i have to make myself eat candy.. cravings are your body wanting nutrition so now that i have the nutritional shake my body doesn't crave anymore.. might be an option..i can send you a individual bag of what i use for you to try .. plus it gives me so much energy..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010