Sarah Palin used to sneak across the border to get health care opinions?

Sarah Palin admitted this weekend that she used to sneak over to Canada to get healthcare treatment.

If our systen is so great why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Haha.
    Anonymous

• Not possible, Canadian health care requires you prove you are a citizen. Good way to try to rile things up by LYING.
    Anonymous

• It's really not that hard. There are Canadians who are willing to say you live with them or are married to them so you can get care. I've watched a few documentaries on it.
    Anonymous

• LOL..she also said God wrote on his hand too...gotta admit, she does make me laugh

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

Call Sarah, she said this I didnt make it up

Anonymous

• She did say it.

"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada," she said. "And I think now, isn't that ironic."

AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 1:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I had care in Canada I broke my arm while on vacation in Montreal (some jerk pushed me in a pool & i hit my elbow weird on the way down) & they surely treated me. But, i guess that was an emergency. I also did not have to wait in any lines & the Dr.'s were wonderful.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Here is what she said;

“My first five years of life we spent in Skagway, Alaska, right there by Whitehorse. Believe it or not – this was in the ‘60s – we used to hustle on over the border for health care that we would receive in Whitehorse. I remember my brother, he burned his ankle in some little kid accident thing and my parents had to put him on a train and rush him over to Whitehorse and I think, isn’t that kind of ironic now. Zooming over the border, getting health care from Canada.”

This was also in the 60's & she was a little girl. Cannot really pass judegment on her, since it was probably not her idea.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Thanks, Samurai. Really, you can't judge a five-yr-old on what her parents did, she was a small child at the time.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• LOL, Yeah, My 7 year old son is always trying to sneak over the border to Mexico to get cheap prescriptions. LOL. Y'all with PDS crack me up. She was friggin' 5 years old. She wasn't the decision maker, yet you will all remember this for years to come like she snuck over to Canada last week for surgery. What a joke you have all become.

Anonymous