Why pick on SAHM day?

My kids are grown last one just turned 18. I would like to go back to work and have applied to over 600 jobs in the last 8 months. So whats the big deal if I stay home? MY DH makes plenty of money. The only thing I can think is I am a bit bored.. Just venting ladies, I have loved being at home. Now i need to find things to occupy my time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• np here, as long as you can afford to do so. and even if you can't it's still not my business but i can still have my opinions about it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• There mainly picking on those of us on PA. Though I get your frustration I think they are jealous in my opinion I don't get way. My days are a lot like that Mr. Mom country song.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• When I get bored out of my mind at home I start a new hobby or volunteer. How do you feel about gardening? This is the right time of the year. Vegetables or flowers. I would rather do flowers myself. Veggies are more useful, but require more weeding. So I guess I have to do both. Or knitting. My MIL used to knit baby caps for the hospital.

I don't know why it is pick on stay at home moms day. Even if they are on PA as long as they are married and the hubby is making his best effort the kids are probably better off with their mom than with paid daycare. And for those of us like you and me, they are just jealous. Heck I was jealous when I was a working mom. Man that sucked! I couldn't wait to get home.

Anonymous

• If you can do it, do it. I do not plan on ever going back into the workforce. Have you thought about volunteering or taking some classes?
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 1:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• As long as you are a sahm - kids in the home all day or not - and are not on pa... who cares! Enjoy your day! Scrapbook, crochet, read a good book... whatever you want! You deserve it!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I dont see anything wrong with it! If you're bored you could always look into doing volunteer work for now. You could do some good, and at the same time add something to your resume :)
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You could volunteer your time helping abused kids that do not have voices, the ones stuck in crappy foster care and nobody will listen, so they need an adult that will defend them. Look up "CASA" it's the name of the support network for court liasons.
    There's also homeless shelters and crisis nurseries that need volunteers.
    When my youngest starts school I am going to do the volunteer thing, it makes one feel good to help others out, to make a difference.
    Anonymous