Two Baby Monitors??

I have a 18 month old that is still a restless sleeper and needs to have a monitor in the room. I also am due with baby #2 in May and need to monitor that child. I currently have a Fisher Price monitor and am happy with it, but when I called they recommended not getting two of the same as they will interfere. The customer service lady also seemed to think I would have trouble finding any two monitors to work alright in the same house because most run on the same frequency.
So....for those of you with a need for two monitors in one house, what have you done??
Thanks for the input!!

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a Fisher Price 900 mhz monitor and I actually have two of them. There are 10 different channels, so we just played around until we found the two that worked the best. I would suggest getting another one and just trying it out.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 2:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Summer has a video monitor that has two bands; you can have a camera in each room one set to A and the other B then on the tv there is a switch to flip between them -- they used to sell a model that switched automatically but for some reason they discontinued it - mine broke; I'm sad! lol

But yeah get the one video monitor and then order the 2nd camera - talk to their cust svc and tell them what you need - they were helpful to us - Good Luck
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I always just stuck with one. I had 2 kids in one room and another across the hall (all under the age of 3). Since the 2yo was sleeping pretty soundly through the night I moved the monitor into the other bedroom with the younger two. It was sensitive enough that it picked up noises from my 2yo's room when she woke up (she didn't know how to open doors).
    We had a hard enough time finding just one monitor that worked. We live near an airport and it causes major interference with stuff like that (it screwed up our automatic garage door, too, until we got a new controller with a different frequency). We also constantly picked up stuff from our next door neighbor's baby monitor. We stopped using it all together when they youngest was 7 or 8 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We had to have two in our house for a little while. We found two that have the two different radio bands. They have a switch on the front or back marked A/B or 1/2. I think they were made by Safety first (not sure though). We set them each on a different setting and had NO problems what so ever. Hope that helps.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I have a fisher price baby monitor and it has different settings... I think the one I have has 4 different frequencies that I can set it to, I know for sure it has at least 2, but I"d have to look at it.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I have 3 baby monitors in my house. My two youngest each have the Summer video monitor. They have 2 channel settings and I just keep each on on a different channel. I use a cheap Sony sound only monitor in my 3 year old's room.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I used a regular one, and a digital one. No interference.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2010