night crying

My 11 month old daughter has woken up 4 times in the past week and a half in the middle of the night crying. Any ideas why this might be happening? I don't rock her sleep, I put her in the crib and she falls asleep on her own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know but my 10 month old did the same thing! She never does this and I wondered why....
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My 11 month old DD does the same thing, I have no idea why.
    NewMommy0414

Answer by NewMommy0414 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Maybe teething. that's what it was with both of my girls. whenever a tooth (or a few!) would come in, they wouldn't sleep well.
    iheartknh

Answer by iheartknh at 2:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My son has been at this off and on, and i agree with above...usually teeth were either breaking through or on there way!!! And infants can have bad dreams!!! Can she soothe herself back to sleep?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Teething is a good idea also my son started to have night terrors at that age...she may just be dreaming and it could be overwhelming her and it startles her awake causing her to cry.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• She is probably hungry. Sometimes they go through growth spurts and need more to eat. My son woke up once a night from 9 months to 18 months and he was hungry. I'd feed him and he'd go right back to sleep for the rest of the night. It just isn't true that they can't get hungry in the night after a certain age. If she's not hungry she could be thirsty. I've always let my kids take a sippy cup of water to bed and I've always heard them on the baby monitor drink it a couple times a night.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• maybe growth spurt, maybe teething, maybe ear infection. My daughter did this for all of these reasons... Try teething tabs... they always worked for us, even when she wasn't teething. They are homeopathic and you can give up to three at a time :)... good luck.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010