Inspired by all of the SAHM/PA questions...

So, should any parent that can't afford children have an abortion when an unexpected pregnancy happens? Or why don't we just throw more children into the adoption/foster care system, where the government will STILL be paying for them! Things happen in life, people - why can't you be okay with helping someone out in a time of need? It's awesome that people like this are raising children - more heartless people to add to the population!!

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 2:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• You have to ignore it. Seems to me that those who think life is always black and white have never really LIVED life. I do not mind helping people. Hell, I am a SAHM....I bet I could qualify for assistance but we don't get it because I want those who are worse off then I am to have access to it.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Well we need to decipher between need and want. Yes if something happens and your situation changes for a bit and you need some help more power to you. But if you already can't afford the children you have (and yes you can't afford them if you have someone giving you money and buying your groceries every month) then you should damn sure be protecting yourself against future pregnancies. Why have more kids when you can't afford them? How is that fair to the kids? Very few unintended pregnancies would occur if people used multiple BC methods each time they had sex. Its not that hard to do.
    oboe_chik

Answer by oboe_chik at 2:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Well, as far as birth control...
    I was on it when I got pregnant with my first.
    My husband and I have been using only the pull out method for the last FIVE years with NO unplanned/unwanted pregnancies.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Imagine how boring the world would be if everything in the world was perfect like, the the Brady Bunch or Leave it to Beaver
    Sure there would be no welfare days and where everybody pulled their own weight but if we don't have that "mixed bag of nuts" life would be dull,lol
    Anonymous

• Feel sorry for the judgemental. That's all I can say.

My daughter is a gift from God, and I don't regret giving birth to her. If I need a little assistance along the way, then so be it.

I don't like to discuss my personal business much, but here goes:

I am on SSD for a disability. Therefore, I was already on Medicaid, food stamps BEFORE I got pregnant (unexpected pregnancy). Other than my daughter receiving Medicaid, my aid didn't increase...it actually decreased. So it seems little for people to think that there's a financial gain for having children while receiving public assistance.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree it would cost more, but hey they aren't out to save money There out to get them selves a pat on the back for being with out Need
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• if you cant take care of youu children THEN USE BIRTH CONTROL
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 2:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I hate when people scream use BC its ridiculous! It fails on a reg. basis! There are sooo many moms on here alone that it has happened to!!!
    Anonymous

1st dd a condom baby second a patch baby. Doesn't always work.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I got pregnant, knew we couldn't afford another baby and that we couldn't handle another child, in any other way. I aborted at 6 weeks. I don't regret it, though I do wonder what that child would have been like. I couldn't give my baby away. I just couldn't. And it would have been dangerous for me to have another baby. With my last baby, I hemorrhaged so bad I almost died. So I did what was best for MY FAMILY and aborted. And yes, we get food stamps. Yes, we got WIC and Medicaid. I don't feel bad about it. We both work and still need the help.
    Anonymous