Would you do everything in your power to be a SAHM, no matter what it took?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No! Staying at home isnt for me!! not full time!!! I like the idea of alternating schedules so theres no daycare involved, or even working full time so his dad can stay home...but i by no means want to be a SAHM, tried it...
    Anonymous

• No, I have been a SAHM for 3 years and I'm going nuts. So I'm looking for a Part-time job..

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No..but I will always do everything in my power to take care of my children the best way I see fit and that I am able.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• nope, I am not cut out to be a SAHM
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes and so would my husband which is why he is going back to school. He wants to be able to make maximum dollar to ensure that I can stay home for as long as I want to.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No way. I admire those who enjoy it and do great. I go nuts.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• for our family, it is best that i stay home. we are pregnant with #5 right now, with only one in school full time. daycare for 4 kids...i cant even imagine what that would cost. not to mention the additional costs of not being at home. even when all kids are in school full time, i believe i will still be a sahm. i really want to be there to send the kids off to school, and to be there when they get home. i want to pack their lunches so they can eat well. i want to be able to prepare dinners instead of paying extra prepared foods or going out to eat. i like the fact that the weekends are for the family, and not for cleaning house and doing laundry and paying bills. honestly, i don't know how working moms do it! they are super!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Apparently not; I work full-time and see no need to change the situation. We could get by if I didn't work, but we'd have to significantly decrease our standard of living. We occasionally talk about it, but it is not something we would do at this point. It's nice knowing we could manage on one income if we had to, but we have no desire to put that kind of stress on our family. We like living in a nice neighborhood, taking vacations together, being able to afford most unexpected expenses, sending our kids to good schools, and not having to worry about money; I've lived poor before, and it was incredibly stressful.

Anonymous

• I love being home but if my husband had to work two jobs or we needed welfare or food stamps to get by I would get a job.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes, it's the best for my 3 kids and my husband. I love being able to provide a clean house, home cooked meals, homework help etc. I love that I am able to pick up my child from school if he is sick, attend meetings, volunteer in the classrooms since I am home. I could never do any of these things (consistently or very well anyways) when I was working full time. So, yes, I would do anything to be able to continue to be a SAHM.

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2010