Those of you SHAMS or not on PA or who have been on it... A Poll please how many on here are actually getting the luxuries people think we are? Or abusing the system. I have to ask because it's driving me crazy that why we are being attacked on here instead of the ones they know are doing it.

While on PA...
1. How much do/did you make? (From your house hold income not PA)

2. Does/did it cover you bills? ( Feel fre to say how much ur bills are not including what food and Medical pays)

3. What PA do/did you get?

4. Would it be/ have been more beneficially to got to work or would it make you sit. worse?

5. Would it put you in greater debt? ( If so how much?)

6. Do you enjoy being on PA?

7. Do you have more children for more benefits?

8. Do you take more than you NEED?

9. Do you pay to get you nails and hair pro. done?

10. If you have name brand clothes ex. Did you have them before PA? Get the at yard sales, or thrift stores at lower cost? What is the most you paid for one item while on PA? And was it with tax return?

11. When the last time you were on a Vacation?

12. Do you drive a brand new car you can't afford?

13.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 1. $29K for a family of 7, half of what we used to make
    2. Barely covered our bills.
    3. Food stamps only, and that was $133 a month.
    4. My $9 an hour job wouldn't have covered day care costs for 3 kids after payroll taxes were taken out, wouldn't have paid for the extra gas or groceries because I was too tired to cook after working a full day.
    5. Not in greater debt, but we'd be eating rice & beans every day instead of decent meals.
    6. did not enjoy it & quit the program as soon as we could.
    7. No, our children were all born before we needed assistance.
    8. No
    9. Did not & still do not pay to get nails and hair done. I am very capable of doing my own hair & nails.
    10. Does Walmart brand count ? I bought Rustler jeans, 2 pair, for each boy and Rider jeans, 2 pr, for myself. Other clothes were given to us or bought at thrift stores.
    11. Our last vacation was 9 yrs ago
    12. Our cars are over 10 years old & paid
    Anonymous

• 1. How much do/did you make? (From your house hold income not PA) 1400 before tax, around 1200 after.

2. Does/did it cover you bills? ( Feel fre to say how much ur bills are not including what food and Medical pays) No way around 990 before household necessities, and gas.

3. What PA do/did you get? 400 fs and medical

4. Would it be/ have been more beneficially to got to work or would it make you sit. worse? no I would upside down at least 600 after day care and medical,.

5. Would it put you in greater debt? ( If so how much?) around 600

6. Do you enjoy being on PA? NO
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• 1. None-ya
    2. Yes
    3. Never been on it.
    4. Don't know since I have never been on it, but I would rather work if at all possible even if I had to sitter share with a friend.
    5. ???  can't say.
    6. n/a
    7.n/a
    8.n/a
    9. Yes, but not w/ assistance.
    10. Yes, I am a smart shopper (as stated before - never on PA so that is n/a)
    11. Vacation like going somewhere?  Last summer.
    12. I drive a fairly new care that I can afford.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• 7. Do you have more children for more benefits? NO way

8. Do you take more than you NEED? Nope just what I need to live

9. Do you pay to get you nails and hair pro. done? Nope do it myself for 100% free.

10. If you have name brand clothes ex. Did you have them before PA? Get the at yard sales, or thrift stores at lower cost? What is the most you paid for one item while on PA? And was it with tax return? Yes/ Yes/ Yea/ A 10 dollar pair of guche boots/ Yes

11. When the last time you were on a Vacation? High school

12. Do you drive a brand new car you can't afford? No I own a 2006 bought with tax return for 1500
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Queenmae please read I said those on it or who have been. Good for you, you can afford a lot, but can't bother to read much.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Wow, your wording was a bit confusing. Sorry for raining on your pitty party.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Oh, and it's Quinn. Guess you don't read much either.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We have 2 adults,2 children in our house.I stay at home because it is cheaper than putting kids in daycare..I would end up working just to pay someone else to do what I could do myself.My SO is a dump truck driver.I babysit other children in my home for extra cash. During the winter season,his work gets really slow so he brings home less and its rough. Last month for example,he only brought home $900.00.Just in rent alone we pay $750.00. You can see how that could get tough,trying to keep the utilities on,paying for gas in the car,unexpected car repairs,diapers,etc. We do recieve food stamp benefits.I do not get my hair and nails done,I can't even afford to buy makeup.I don't remember the last time I bought myself clothes and most of my kids clothes comes from 2nd hand stores or grandparents.Last time we vacationed was last summer,we owned a camper which we had to sell this year to help pay bills.Also sold the 2nd car.
    Anonymous

• Ok quinnmae sorry just thought you were trying to bash that's not the point her. I didn't realize you mis understood it. I thought you were just trying to bash. This isn't pity party it's to if a lot of people on here gave the impression we get what we want.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't think most people have a problem with PA. I think what most people want (and I am going to go out on a limb and include you and others that are on PA) is to find a workable solution to stop the waste and fraud in the system. I can't count how many times I have seen on here people saying that they are barely getting by and need PA, but are just over the limit. If we could find a way to stop the fraud and waste then the money would help more people that need it instead of being wasted on those that don't.  I don't judge people on PA.  I am no expert when it comes to determining who needs it and who doesn't.  I don't care who gets it or what they spend it on.  I do however care that there are people that get it when they don't need it as bad as some others that do. 

Alright, I'm done with the drama.  Peace out.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010