for the last couple of days when i try exercising my muscle ache in protest...any ideas??

I usually do at least 30 mins on the eliptical and a few weigh lifting exercises to help tone up my body...well good news is that i have reached my 20lbs lost over a 6 month period but lately when i do just 10 mins my muscles start getting a heavy burning sensation through my thighs and stomach... it has been happening for about 2 weeks. i tried taking a few days off to just relax but it still kills me. any ideas/suggestions?

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• How often are you doing strength training? It shouldnt be done more than 3 times per week. Ideally 2 times a week with 2 days of rest between is best. I would also make sure that when your doing strength training you are warming you body up before hand, NEVER stretch without warming up. I walk on the trreadmill for 10-20 minutes for a good warm up, it doesnt have to be fast but a nice steady pace that gets your body warmed and ready, then try stretching and strength training.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You need to give your muscles at least a day to recuperate, do not do the same muscle group two days in a row, you need to separate your muscles into different days so they can rest.

Answer by older at 2:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Stay hydrated and if they act up put ice on them for 20 min and like older says, let them rest.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You need to give your muscles one day of rest a week and you need to be sure you're drinking plenty of water.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• rest a few days..make sure you have a lot of protein potassium and water before you workout, it will help your muscles relax a bit.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010