HEALTHY Easter basket ideas for my 21 month old?

I don't give my daughter candy, so it makes no sense to fill her Easter basket full of jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, and other candies.

Do you have any ideas on what I CAN put in her basket that's healthy? Can children have no-sugar-added candies at her age?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Annie's, which is an organic brand, has bunnie shaped crackers and cookie.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't give my son candy either... we fill his with a couple of inexpensive toys. This year he is getting 2 veggie tales movies (they were in a bundle!), 2 Handy Manny cars (also in a bundle), his Easter outfit and a few plastic eggs with a few marshmallows and probably 5 reecee mini cups and choc eggs... but that is it!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• RutterMama you just wrote that you dont give your son candy but your putting reeces mini cups and chocolate eggs in it? Anyways try baby snakes like crackers or healthy cookies. Decorate eggs and put them in it ,probably only want to do one though, and maybe some books and crayons.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• my mom is doing a candy basket for my toddler (most of which she wont get to eat), but the basket im doing is going to have mostly small toys and other snacks she really likes. i figured i'd fill plastic eggs w/ goldfish crackers and Gerber fruit snacks and add an Elmo DVD or two. my DD isnt really old enough to "get" Easter so i dont feel there is a whole lot that need to be done for it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What about something like a little bag of teddy grahams, a couple of small toys, or gerber makes some fruit snacks for little ones. Goodies dont neccessarily need to be candy!
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Annies are a great Idea, love the bunny shapes, I have always gotten my kids seeds and garden tools and we have done strawberry plants. My kids love the gardening items they love planting things and working in the garden. Mine get chocolate bunnies too but they like that stuff and I try not to go overboard. I always figured that gardening items would help balance out the chocolate they consume lol, at least I can teach them about healthy eating :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• For my kids : Jump ropes for the older two, New ball for my 20th month old, she'll get something healthy to snack on, they will each get a new cup, bowl, plate, The older too are getting beginner chop sticks. Then they each get a puzzle that is relative to their age group.
    Anonymous

• Pretzels dipped in sugar free frosting.
    Carrot sticks.
    Cheese sticks.
    Fruit.
    Apple sauce.
    My kids love those cheese and crackers with the red stick.
    BUBBLES!!!!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I always do some outdoor toys, some bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a book, a small stuffed animal, and you can also do things like stickers, coloring books and crayons, and for "food" treats, you could do the Annie's crackers, Gerber fruit snacks, teddy grahams, stuff like that.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I like to use organic fruit leather, stickers, pads of paper ($1 or less for nice notebooks at Michael's!), special crayons, stuff like that. I'm not big on candy, BUT I will get one thing (something small, this year I'm thinking 2 of the miniature cadbury eggs - they're tiny!). Coloring books. Special fruits, etc.
    Anonymous