When to start packing?

I'm 35wks pregnant today. When do I start packing for the hospital? Should I have already? I feel stupid.

TamlynM2B

Asked by TamlynM2B at 2:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pack whenever you have a chance. You don't need much. My hospital provided everything and I never even opened my bag except for the camera and clothes for the baby to wear home.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i didnt start packing till about 37 week start when even you feel is right
    Anonymous

• oh i would take shampoo the hospitals sucks
    Anonymous

• You could pack a bag now just to be safe.... Like the PP said all the baby needs is clothes to go home.... make sure you have stuff to take a shower and comfy clothes to go home (I just stayed in the nightgown the time I was there) Don't forget the camera.... congrats and good luck Mama!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I was horrible I actually packed as I was going into labor. It wasn't too bad it was less time I spent at the hospital and it kept me focused on something other than the contractions lol
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I packed when I was 35 weeks and I was staring at the bag every day for almost 4 weeks waiting to go. You should probably pack around 37 to 38 weeks.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Time to pack, but put the darn thing in the closet or the trunk, don't stare at it everyday. You can also pack two bags; one for delivery and one for coming home.
    Anonymous

• You really dont even need much, those lists all online are such a joke! The hospitals around here kick you out after a day and a half anyway! Hospital provides everything for baby, you may want to take some hair stuff, and some makeup (for pics if nec.) and def bring some babywipes to wipe yourself down before you have guests, its a nice little refresher! Toothbrush and toothpaste also a must! AND DONT FORGET THE CAMERA! If you want to pack now, do so, theres no harm in being prepared early! Im dying to pack and im a week behind you, im convinced this baby is coming early though!! So we shall see!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i would do it now! i plan to have mine ready to go by the time i am 32 weeks, just in case
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I packed around 36 weeks for my first... I had my 2nd a 38 weeks and packed while I was in labor.
    For me there were things that I wanted to bring to the hospital but didnt want to pack right away so I just made a list and put that with my bag so I wouldnt forget anything. (clothes for me to go home in, clothes for the baby to go home in, chapstick & lollipops for during labor, camera, toiletries, snacks for the hubby... that's pretty much it.) The hospital will provide diapers and stuff for the baby so as long as you have some for when you get home there's no need to bring them with you.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010