Quick!!! I need a good hiding place? (money) no banks...please!

Ok I need to hide some money quick!!!
Somewhere in the house but not so easy for a robber to find but easy access for me and only me...hehehe Then later on I'll surprise my dh with all this loot.

Thanks for sharing your secret places...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• your tampon box, doubt he'll look there...lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• the attic?
    Anonymous

• In a corner underneath carpeting, or if there is no carpeting inside a rolled up pair of socks.

Answer by older at 2:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• But what if your house catches on fire? Then all the money is gone.
    Anonymous

• IS this a thief attemting to get good hiding places to check for money?
    Anonymous

• I can't top tampon box. Even thieves would be hesitant to go there. But if you are just hiding it from your DH you have to think where is the last place he would go. Mine would never look in the filing cabinet. I could stuff a wad in with the tax forms and he wouldn't notice.
    Anonymous

• this could be a thief looking for ideas. Here is where the thieves already look. Freezer, filing cabinet (they want your account numbers too) drawers, bookcase, well I can't think of any others, but basically they will trash everything, nowhere is safe. there is a show about it and boy to they destroy a house.
    Anonymous

• OP here I like the tampon box idea thanks but I am a good CM I am not out to  get someone I am saving it for a trip or something for my family but my dh can't seem to hold on to money right away he wants to buy this or that I have to take the initotive to save. If I open an acct. he will know about it even If I open it under my name he will bug the shit out of me.

Thanks girls!

Anonymous

• You could open a savings account that would earn interest and do all your banking online so you don't receive statements in the mail. This would be a safer way to go about it.
    Anonymous

• If you can think of a spot, so can a thief.

I can't imagine why you would not want the safety (and interest) of a financial institution. What about renting a safety deposit box?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2010