Sick of the SAHM bashing and PA bashing!

I am a proud SAHM. I am a SAHM because I love my kids and know they will benefit from having me home with them. Also because if I got a job I would be spending more in child care than I would be making. For those of you who are bashing on people on PA back off. Not everyone has a good job with good benefits and what not to support their children. Does this mean they should be sterile and not allowed to have any kids. NO! Mind your own business if you have nothing nice to say to someone!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 2:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Apprently according to some of the wonderful moms here everyone should have 4 jobs & one of those BETTER have insurance.
    Anonymous

• LoL, thats when its time to take a break from CafeMom...there are some days on here where its same ol same ol day in day out! Time to get off...I asked a question the otherday and was amazed at some of the hateful responses! Some poeple use this place as a way to vent i guess....
    Anonymous

• Being a stay at home mom is a privledge. I stayed at home for a couple months just when things got to the point were we really could have used some help I went back to work. I would rather have a part time job at night a couple nights a week then been seen using wic vouchers and food stamps. I don't want to teach my kids that its ok to live off the goverment because (insert your excuse here). That is why there are so many people abusing the system. They learned it from there mother. And I don't want to hear this ill spend more in daycare then I would make. My husband and I are military and live like 7 states from anyone we know. And I still found a little restaurant job that worked around him getting off for the night or saturday when he has off and I have one friend that is there in case of emergency's. Get a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Anonymous

• Op I agree some people need to take there head out of there asses.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• WOW. Im am in shock... We're raising the next generation and this is how were gonna show them to speak and communicate with each other? This is like my second or third time on here and i have seen more disrespect and judgement on here then I allow in my day to day life... What ever happened to live and let live? or love thy neighbor? Or just plain curtousy?

I wonder instead of judging each other and saying how we're doing better in some way or another then the next, why we arent lookign at the issues at hand... Such as why there is a need for Gov assistance, and no chocking it up to one being lazy or this and that is not a valid reason, more why are we not behaving better to each other and helping each other get ahead?

Someone once told me the age old expression it takes a village to raise a child,It wasnt il I had one that I began to understand what that meant. What happened to the village?
    Anonymous

• it's a place to vent- don't take it so personally. many people post something then hardly think about it right after- fleeting thoughts.

PA will always be a big debate on Cafe mom and off- long story there.
    I agree about the SAHM thing- I've seen women get heated when they think mom's should stay at home but I personally don't know why working out of the home mothers would get bad about others staying home.
    I think there are many good points to both.

But I do think that in many cases when a woman (mom or not) is out bashing what other women do when it comes to working they are often jealous or frustrated with their own situation.

Anonymous

• And since when is parenting been so demeaned to not be considered a job? A parent is on duty 24/7 and doesnt clock out at the end of the day... We have come to look at raising a child to be a lesser position than one that makes a load of money, but really isnt that the greatest investment you can make ?
    Anonymous

• Props to all those who raise their children by whatever mean s they need to... Shame to those who value the dollar more than the lives they bore...
    Anonymous

• PA should be there for elderly and handicap only.
    Anonymous

• Nevermind those woman that are so mean on here just enjoy yourself being a SAHM bc soon they will grow up and those days will be gone and If you want then you can go find a job or just be a SAHW....lol I know what you mean as far as staying home with the kids it is cheaper to just stay home with them and be there for them and yes take a break once in a while no body ever said it was going to be easy being a mommy...I love it...those pains in my butt...lolschool bus

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2010