what could i use to cut a screw?

I bought a decorative shelf from a town 3 hours away while I was there with a friend. For whatever reason the shelf did not come with screws (so dumb I know), so i cant return it since its soo far away. well I cannot find screws the right lenght! they are either too short or too long. So what can I use to quickly cut them? is there an electrical tool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, a Dremel will work, but if you only need it for this one project then I don't think it would be worth the money to buy one. The post I lived at had a wood working shop. They might have a tool that they could lend you to cut the screw. Also, do you live in Germany? If so, then there might be an OB (looks like a Home Depot) near you. You can take the original screw there along with the measurements of the screw that you need and they will be able to find one for you. There is pretty much at least 1 person there that can speak English if not more.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Do you have a Dremel?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• OP
    No but i could get one, would that work?
    Anonymous

• Be easier to just buy new screws
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• if you go to lowes or home depot, they have screws of every size and length. Just go buy the right size that you need.
    Anonymous

• The dremel will work, A hack saw will work but it will take longer. And you might have to re tap the screw. Are you sure they don't make the right size? Are we going for a decorative head here or something?
    Anonymous

• tin snips
    Anonymous

• HACK SAW OR A GRINDER ......GET THE RIGHT SIZE IF YOU DIDNT PUT THEM UP YET! GL
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• OP
    I am stationed overseas and I cant find the correct size in the px, and the screws are diff out in the economy so i need a tool of some kind
    Anonymous