Why are other moms like this?

There are multiple moms who live on my street, all with kids around the same age as my own daughter. Well they all turn the noses up when I attempt talking to them. I have heard the say amoungst eachother, "Oh yeah, the young one with the kid." Reffering to me. Yes, I am young. I had my daughter when I was 19, Im now almost 22. But, Im a stay at home mom, my husband and I own our home, we dont go out and party/act like young kids...so I dont get it. I am really no different than they are, besides the fact that I am not 30-40 years old. But really, is that a reason to turn someone down as a friend? They dont even let their children play with my daughter because they say "Oh she is PROBABLY a bad child, because her parents are so young." WHAT IS THAT!?! My daughter is very smart, all smiles, and very well behaved...I just dont get it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• F*ck them stuck up heffas!!! You do NOT need their approval. I'm 32, and I don't put an age limit, weight limit, or a color swatch to qualify someone to be my friend.
    Anonymous

• People can be very narrow minded... Just kill them with kindness, I'm sure you're a great person, Mom, and have a wonderful child, and they're missing out!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Because they wish they were still 22 and it hurts to hang around somebody when you are jealous of them!

Anonymous

• lol. to the first answer. and thank you mrsleftlane. I mean they look at me like I am "one of those teen moms." I dont throw my child over my moms house so I can go out and party. I finished school. I went to college. Im married. I mean...I thought I did everything right, but apparently because Im young, it is not right no matter how I do it. Idk. Im seriously upset about this. I have no mommy friends because of this issue.
    Anonymous

• Are you sure you want these ladies as your friends???I think they might be jealous that a young girl as yourself has got it all together, and they are middle aged and trying to figure out their lives. You do not need these people as friends, and if you ever achieve some kind of friendship beware of their kind.

Answer by older at 3:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Oh do you live in my neighborhood? I think I know those women. I was 21 when I had my daughter. And then I worked until she was 6. Somehow I was the Girl Scout leader (while I was still working) and they had the nerve to bitch that the meetings weren't right after school but after I got off work. Don't worry about it. I found out later that they had all gone to high school together. They just didn't need new friends. You will find a place where you fit.
    Anonymous

• People do the exact same thing to me. Except it's because I'm a young single mom. I've learned that if that's all they see than it's not worth it. People also think they can walk all over me because of this and they're usually surprised.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't understand that at all. I AM an old mom and most of my mom friends are at LEAST 15 years younger than me if not 20! Moms are Moms what difference does age make?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• "I have no mommy friends because of this issue. "

You know what? I really don't have mommy friends AT ALL, and I'm considerably older than you. Children don't make that good a basis for friendship because people parent differently and their kids fight, etc. etc.

My only "mommy friend" is actually a friend because her son and mine both have Asperger's, and she's got a boatload of other issues on top of that...so we commiserate on that.

Want friends? Find something that interests you...you'll find friends that way. Garden club, cooking class, library...etc.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• they are probably jealous of you because your not only younger but I'm sure your more attractive than them and some women see this as a threat.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 3:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010