Can I have my hair colored the same day it's washed?

I just washed my hair and want to color it tonight (it's only been done from home twice before and I don't think it was washed the same day)? Is this ok or do I have to wait a day?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 3:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I just do mine the night before because they wash it after they color it, so your hair gets doublewashed. The hairdresser I talked to when I colored mine said it didn't matter if you wash it the day of or whether you wash it the day before
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I heard if you let your hair be dirty for one day the color catches better I don't see why not though.
    Anonymous

• go for it,I always color the same day I get it cut,and its washed at the salon,and I've had no problems with it taking
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It is fine, it is more important not to wash your hair for a day AFTER you color it. Just rinse really well and condition it well.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Your scalp won't hurt if you do not wash your hair the same day. Repest do not wash it the same day...............
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• As long as it's dry - it will be fine...if it's still damp the water in the hair will 'dilute' the color and could cause areas to not take as well...otherwise you're fine; but yeah rinse and condition after don't shampoo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2010