How to make a smoothie?

Anyone have a good recipe for a smoothie?
I have a bag of frozen mixed fruit that I need to use...so I start from there and what next? LOL.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I put a lot of ice cubes in a resealable plastic bag. I take my hammer and crush the ice into medium sized pieces. Pour it into the blender container. I always use equal parts ice and fruit, just leave room for a big scoop of frozen yogurt of low fat ice cream on top. Whirl it. If you want it thinner, add some oj or apple juice.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• add ice and yogurt and voila!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• whatever you want.. milk, yogurt, juice
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Equal amounts of frozen fruit, yogurt, and fluid is usually the way to go. You can add fruit juice, coconut milk, milk, or just plain water.

Don't fill your blender with more than 3 cups or you could make a spill over mess. I don't trust the lid ever, even with my hand on it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I use frozen fruit and water or 100% juice. No dairy in our fruit smoothies. I throw in whatever fruit I have that sounds good. I add either chunks of frozen banana or an avodaco for creaminess. I also throw in a handful of carrots and/or raw spinach.
    Anonymous

• Frozen blueberries
    Frozen banana
    Kale (loaded with calcium and iron)
    Kiwi or orange juice or another vitamin C source (to increase the absorption of the iron)
    Yogurt
    Juice or soymilk if too thick

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010