My son woke up with three bruises on his arm and a few marks on his arm, leg, and tushi...they took blood and they said it came back abnormal or something and they have to do more blood work tomorrow. Any ideas on what could be wrong??

1stTymMommy2008

Asked by 1stTymMommy2008 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am sorry to hear this. Did they say anything to you besides the test came back abnormal?
    Coastiegirl96

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I knew a small child that had lots of unexplained brusing and he had blood tests done. It turned out he had some bleeding disorder. They prescribed him meds and after awhile, he was fine and is no longer on meds for it. I heard that some people can have the effects of the disease their whole life though.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• he could need extra iron and bumping arround in his bed while he is asleep is causing bruising - i am anemic and bruise easily, the bruises take forever to go away, and i got tons of bloody noses as a kid, all scratches become scars cause they take forever to heal.
    iron isnt a big deal - *just a caution if you do need to use an iron supliment babies and children CAN overdoese and die on TOO much iron so be extra careful*
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My husband's neice had this and it turned out she had leukemia....it also kind of sounds like child abuse to me...like someone is grabbing his arms too hard and spanking him...? I dunno. Just throwing that out there. Good luck on your tests.
    Anonymous