Dinos and the Great Flood?

Can someone explain the relationship between dinosaurs and the great flood from a creationist/new earth point of view? I'm not trying to be confrontational. I just don't understand the logic. An acquaintance of mine was recently mocking a published study that 'proves' (per the study authors point of view) that dinos were done in by a great asteroid. She commented that it was anything other than The Great Flood that wiped out dinosaurs. It's my understanding that creationist take a literal view of the Bible but many of them agree w/ this Flood -Dino theory. How? The Bible says Noah collected all the animals - 2 each. It does not say "except the great lizards" Or whatever else they may be called. The flood also does not explain why the great beasts of the sea were wiped out. Isn't this really more picking and choosing? Isn't taking assumptions we can accept in order to make sense of what's missing in the text?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dang...I wish I could add my photo of my signature!!! The dinosaurs just got their days mixed up. That's why they missed the ark.

Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs.

They did exist and after the flood they became instinct like many other kinds of animals. Read the above article. You will find it interesting.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I always say, if it doesn't affect my salvation, I really don't care!
    Anonymous

• Dinosaurs were long gone by that time...
    Anonymous

• My personal belief is that the earth is around 4.5 Billion years old and before God created man he created and than ended the need for the big animals, much like before building a house you bring in the bulldozer to do the bigger job of preparing it but you don't use it for detailed landscaping, Dino's served their purpose in readying the earth for what was to be done,

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Sorry Shaneagle. I read your link - I still find the explanation to be a matter of taking small bits of text and making them into what you want them to read.

I am a Christian. I do believe God created the heaven's and Earth. I don't, however, believe six days means 6, 24 hour days. I read things like the link you sent or the things my friend has said and I feel like I'm seeing exactly what I am sometimes accused of - reading and then taking what works for that person while leaving the rest. Isn't it really semantics to say "specification but not evolution"? I'm sorry. I think that starts to get ot be splitting hairs.
    Anonymous

• Ann - I think I know that comic. :) It makes me giggle every time.

Anonymous