Too much sodium

I have too much sodium in my diet... and I dont even add salt into things. What is a good way to cut back on it? One of the foods I eat with the most sodium in it is sliced turkey. I really like sliced turkey in my salad... is there any other way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You can buy turkey breast and roast it, its delicious and cheap. If you're eating to much sodium, eating potassium will help flush it away. Good sources: Banana, spinach, cantaloupe, milk, OJ, and squash. Try to eat some potassium when ever your eating sodium...like have some spinach leaves on your turkey sandwich or better yet eat half a sandwich and have a spinach salad.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• is it processed turkey? you may lose a bit if you get a small turkey and roast it yourself or roast some turkey breast. and most processed food has sodium to keep the food fresh. if you used canned beans or such try no slat it has less and try no slat added butter or margarine.. if you need more ideas just email me and ill get ya some good ideas depending on what you eat
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Cut down on processed foods; cook from scratch.
    There should be a healthier version of slice turkey available at the deli if you must have it.
    Farahann gives good advice about the potassium.
    Anonymous