Has anyone ever gotten glasses from Sear's Optical?

I am going to be getting their "two pairs for $99" deal and am wondering if they are going to be really cheapy crappy glasses.

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 3:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Shopping

• Lol, nobody?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 4:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• nope but hubby got some glasses online from zennioptical (sp?) and they were cheap but good quality. The ones he got were the memory titanium or whatever it's called and they've held up really well.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I got them for my son. He is 19. He loves them. They are much better then the crappy ones i paid more for at Eye Masters.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I didn't do the $99 special because they're plastic lenses. I think I have the polycarbonate-scratch resistant ones. I was happy with their service and they give free adjustments & nose pads when I need them. My frames were $100, lenses $300 (with shaving down cost) because I have terrible eyesight.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes. I bought on the two for $99 deal and I got two cute pairs that are great. I get compliments on them all the time. It takes a couple of weeks to get your glasses, but you can't beat the price. I just got the basics, no upgrades, and I was very happy with them.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I love Sears optical we get glasses over and over with my daughter. My husband just had to get glasses for the first time. We did not stay within the parameters of the special because we wanted the polycarbonate but they deducted $120 from each pair of glasses that we bought that did not fall under the special. So 3 pairs of glasses all poly carbonate with the year warranty for $400 which at lens crafters we or everywhere else we compared we would have paid about that for one pair of glasses.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I bought my glasses at Sears last January, and I really like them. They had a lot of styles to pick from and I found the kind I wanted (glasses with the magnetic sun-glass clips) I also thought the price was reasonable-- I know they were a lot less than a similar pair I saw at an optometrists office. I don't know what glasses are offered in their 2/$99 deal, but I am sure they would have a good selection to pick from.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2010