what is the best birth control?????

i am trying to find the right birth control if any one has some suggestions please write back . if they have worked good for u and u havent had any problems please let me know thank you

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Health

• Really it depends on your specific health history. I have a hard time with synthetic hormones, and hated the mess and bother of barrier methods. So for me the paraguard IUD was perfect between babies. Now that I am done, I am very happy with the tubal ligation I had in January. It is a huge relief to never have to worry about pregnancy again.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Mirena! I have been on this for almost 6 months and think that I have not had to wear a pad or tampon in maybe 2 wks out of the 6 months! Its worked great for us! lol. Getting this out tomorrow. I don't recommend it!!!!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• im not sure whats the best. but make sure you dont try DEPO(its the birth control shot) its the worst i was 130 when i got on it and was on it for 8 months now 156. so you will gain alotof weight unless you workout constantly.other than that im not sure whats the best. hope i helped some
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 3:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• vascectomy
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I am on the depo shot and I really like it. I have heard some people complain of weight gain but I have not experienced that. I don't have to worry about forgetting a pill. Plus, not having a period is really nice!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No sex!!! Seriously with the amount of women who claim their BC failed at Cafemom I'd say none are safe or effective : ) but then again sometimes I think its just an excuse to why they have so many kids they can't afford.
    We use NFP with the pull out method for 6 years now and only got pregnant with the 1 child we planned. We also have sex everyday so it works great for us.
    Anonymous

• abstinence
    Anonymous

• I'm pregnant right now with my last child so I'm looking into permanent BC. I was going to get a tubal but I've been hearing great things about essure.. google it and ask your OB/GYN about it if your finished having kids. Its less invasive than a tubal or a vasectomy. If I decide against it DH is getting a vasectomy. I use to use ortho-tri-cyclen ( the pill ) but I gotta tell you its been real nice being off it these last few years. I charted my ovulation between pregnancies and I've only become pregnant when I wanted to.

...and to those who suggest abstinence, get off your high horse...like abstinence makes for a healthy marriage.  Some woman actually enjoy physical intimacy with their DH.

Anonymous

• i have the mirena IUD. i like it better than the pill. the pill would make me a CRAZY B*tch. I don't have any issues with the mirena
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No one will like my comment but the best birth control is a vesectemy. If you have had all the babies you want and can afford then let him get one and unless there's an act of God you will have a permanent birth control :P
    sahmom2b

Answer by sahmom2b at 7:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010