7 days late on period and negative test, could I still be pregnant?

Today, I am 7 days late on my period. I took a pregnancy test this afternoon, negative. I have a 30 days, regular cycle. I have never been late besides the time I was pregnant with my first child. I have no new stress in my life, I am not TTC so I don't think it's in my head. I don't have any symptoms, not even PMS symptoms. Also, we have always been safe, it wasn't unprotected. Is this common, is there still a possibility of being pregnant after a negative?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm 20 days late and still get negative pg tests!!! LOL! I think it's possible. Are you testing first thing in the morning or later in the day? Give it another week before testing again.
    Anonymous

• i had 3 negative tests with my DD. go to the dr and ask for a blood test.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Sometimes it just takes longer for the hormone levels to build up enough for a positive and sometimes even people who are super regular get a late period for no apparent reason. I would wait a day or two and take another test. If its still negative I'd consider going in for a blood test.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I read in a medical book once that medically you're not even considered late until 10 days have passed. This is because you can be late for reasons other than pregnancy.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• This is a hard one for me but sometime hpt are not always right, i always had messed up periods well one day i got sick all day and kept getting sick well i took a hpt negative went to the doc a week later blood work everything still getting sick everything kept coming up negative i kept taking hpt and going to the doc finally after 7 months a hpt said positive then once it was positive i started showing lol but still docs or the test DID NOT THINK I WAS PG lol but my son is 2 now i even had a doc tell me i was going threw the change yea right i was 18 now im 22 lol dont worry i didnt go to that doc but once lol but i hope u really find out whats going on
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 2:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010