How does Easter morning go about at your house?

Does the Easter bunny come and leave baskets and/or hide eggs? Do you buy expensive gifts for your children? Do you go to a church service? A families house? A community event?

hrt_0928

Asked by hrt_0928 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• we usually do baskets, and then brunch with friends. we usually miss church. but this year we will do baskets, egg hunt, church, breakfast, and an easter ham later. no expensive gifts this year.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• When the kids where home we did hide Easter eggs around the house, so when they got up they would start looking.
    The eggs had candy and some money, not much. And in their Easter basket they had one toy each, like a Barbie doll and a car for my son. We get dressed up go to church and would go out to eat. Sometimes went to visit the grandparents.

Some of the areas where we live had community events than we would go to that. We moved every 3-years so it was different every few years, that is way we did the egg hunt in the house. They loved it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• we do easter baskets with candy and a small to medium toy; sometimes we do an easter egg hunt; we have a brunch; then head to relatives in the afternoon or evening.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 4:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Our community egg hunt is a week before Easter. On Easter morning, we wake up with baskets for the kids. Coloring books, marshmallow eggs, and jelly beans. After we've eaten some hard boiled eggs, we go out back and find the hidden eggs, full of stickers, tattoos, and Chuck E Cheese tokens.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We go to church for Good Friday and then we have brunch with the grandparent's at their house. They sometimes hide some eggs around the house. My mom thinks I'm mean because I don't give the kids a lot of chocolate/sweets. lol For my son's first easter me and a friend had a picnic egg hunt. She put lunch in the plastic eggs. Things like cheese, hard boiled egg, veggie sticks, fruit and crackers. The boys then sat on the blanket and opened their feasts. It was so cute:)
    Now we wait till Sunday to have the easter egg hunt. I'm certain the kids know it's us. When we come home from church they have a nap after lunch and when they wake up there are eggs everywhere on the main floor. I fill the eggs with stickers, little toys and stamps and things that will fit. They do get more sweets now that they are older but they have 3 sets of grandparent's who give them chocolate. They also get a toy each, something small.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• We get up and have a good breakfest, then off tho church. Then when we get home we give the boys their basket. We go to husband's grandma's for Easter lunch and an egg hunt.
    3wonderfullboys

Answer by 3wonderfullboys at 6:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• When we wake up, we have a huge breakfast. It varies year to year. Normally along the lines of bacon or sausage, eggs, toast or pancakes, and fresh fruit. Then we let the kids have their Easter baskets and the little gifts in them keep them occupied for a while. I always cook a ham in the crock pot, and some nice sides to go with it, and we have a late lunch/early dinner around 2 or 3. Just before that, we do an egg hunt for the kids. sometimes we have friends over but probably won't this year since most of our friends have moved away.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We get up and go to sonrise service at church, then it's off to breakfast. My kids are 5 and 3 so they don't usually notice their baskets when they are woken up that early :),,,,but when they get home, that is a different story.
    We don't do anything special in the baskets, a couple of pieces of candy and a small toy (usually a stuffed animal).

Later, after regular church service we go to my in-laws for lunch and Easter Egg hunt, then it is off to my parents for another egg hunt and family time.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2010